Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I ♥ Faces -- “My Story In Photos: The Vacation Edition”

I love to reminisce, so this weeks theme at I heart faces is perfect! We took a trip to Hawaii last October. My mom lives there, so Ben and I went out for a month, and then my husband joined us for the last week. My sisters family did the same thing, so we got to spend a lot of time with her and her boys. Most of the time we were in Laie, on the island of Oahu. It was beautiful! Ben was only 3 months old when we got there, but that didn't stop him from enjoying it. I can't believe how small he was, and how little hair he had (this was the month that most of his hair fell out). I took most of these pictures, but my sister might have taken a few of them too.

We went to the beach just about every day. This was Ben's first time at the beach. He didn't like it much at first, but as you can tell in later pictures, he warmed up to it.


This floaty was WONDERFUL! Plus Ben really liked it.

Poor kid, but the sand sure looks yummy!


Me and my boy!

Ben being tickled my Aunt Jenn.

Crazy Connor (my nephew)

Us at the Polynesian Cultural Center

Ben with the Fijian Warrior

Tattoos!


Waimea Falls is a beautiful hike up to a waterfall that you can swim in!


The whole reason for this vacation was to welcome home my little brother from his 2 year LDS mission. Here is he with his 3 nephews (two of which he hadn't met before then).

Yeah! Dennis joined us! Here we are at Hanauma Bay, after we'd be at the beach and snorkeling all day.
The ocean must have rocked him to sleep.

Dennis and Connor building, and getting ready to destroy, a sand castle.

On our last day there, I had my sister take some pictures of us as a family by the LDS Temple. I love this one, even Ben's smiling.

Beautiful Boy

3 comments:

  1. guess what! That "Fiji Warrior" is an old friend of mine from New Jersey...I used to teach him at church. He is a LOT bigger now!! :) What a beautiful vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. I posted my Hawaii vacation too...don't you just love it there?

    ReplyDelete